Sometimes we all need a little bit of help with our written English, which is why I offer a proofreading service. I’ll check your work for flow, structure, spelling errors and grammatical oddities. I proofread:
Business content: I can help with any type of document from reports to websites to e-books.
Academic work: I can proofread anything from a 2000 word essay to a 80,000 word PhD thesis.
CVs, application forms and cover letters: before you send off that important application, I can help.
How much does proofreading cost?
For business content and academic work fees are calculated on word count. I charge £12 per 1000 words (standard English). If a document is under 1000 words there is a flat fee of £12. Emergency proofreading that includes evening or weekend work will incur a 50% additional charge.
For CVs, application forms and cover letters, the following fees apply:
- 1 page CV – £15
- 2 page CV – £20
- 3 page CV – £25
- 4 page CV – £30
- 1-2 page cover letter – £15
- 1-2 page job application form – £15
- 3 page job application form – £25
- 4 page job application form – £30
- 1-2 page covering letter and 2 page CV – £30 (save £5)
- 1-2 page covering letter and 3 page CV – £35 (save £5)
- 1-2 page covering letter and 2 page job application – £28 (save £2)
- 1-2 page covering letter and 3 page job application – £35 (save £5)
If you need something else, just let me know and I can give you an individual quote.
How does proofreading work and how long will it take?
Just send me an email and we can have a chat about your work and your deadlines.
If you are happy with our chat, I’ll check my diary and book you a slot that suits us both. For large jobs, a 50% deposit may be required.
You then send me your work, preferably as a Word document. I will use the track changes and comment features to annotate your copy. This then gets sent back to you for you to implement the changes.
Proofreading a document can take anything from a few hours to a week depending on the length and complexity of the text. For instance, an 80,000 word PhD thesis could take approximately one to two weeks to read and annotate.
What can't I do
Because the content of the work belongs to you, I can’t:
- check the content for factual errors;
- write the work for you, especially if it is an academic piece of work for examination;
- guarantee that your work will pass an examination process.